2018-09-07

Willow's Weekly - Week 05 - New homes

The town is beginning to look like it should.




Some homes are being restored, but other families have had to find brand new homes.

* * *

Moorea and Claudine also have a new home. It's one of a row of modern 'beachy' style homes that replace the big town houses on Blossom Road in Tapuwhai Town.


Claudine actually shared some pictures of her childrens' bedrooms.




No idea what the rest of the house looks like - but I have to admit I like the rooms. And I like the fact that Claudine uses her kids' rooms to brag - instead of having an expensive living room while her kids sleep in sleeping bags...

* * *

The Ling family put their furniture into their new, larger home.

Most of it is heirlooms that Tschura inherited from his Shang-Simla parents.


The kids have new bedrooms, though.


The twins now have separate bedrooms, and Morris has new, more modern style furniture, too.

* * *

Muriel Potpourri also bought new furniture, as she has a totally new house. She also likes blues, just like Claudine Palefau.



There isn't much clutter. I think most residents feel it's useless to clutter up their homes when they keep having to move out and back again!



At least Bernard bothered to put in an actual wooden floor. Also: the day he moved in was one of the first days we had really, really heavy fog. I've never seen anything like it here!


* * *

The Chin family moved into a new fale.


It's in a nice location - it appears to have both running water and electricity!

* * *

Rumour has it that Vimal Sevele and Heleni Rotorima are now going steady, and Honare and Anju are extremely vocal in their disapproval.

It's a bit stupid, really, the harder they yell, the more Vimal sticks to his guns. I think if they hadn't tried so hard to separate the two of them, it probably would have blown over already.

Speaking of the Sevele family: they've finally finished decorating their new home on Waka Island.
It took a while, because they're also working on several venues they own.






It's good to see they can still have fun together in spite of their differences concerning Heleni.

* * *

Dr. Tumeke has also finished his renovations. He lives alone, in one of the houses on Coconut Street.



I think he makes more money writing his medical books and articles than actually working in our little clinic. Still, I think we should be thankful that he's sticking around. I had expected him to clear out after the first major SimQuake, but so far he keeps coming back to help the people here, and I really admire him for that.
I also have to admit I find him cute... (Actually I guess he's not very good-looking, but he's got an interesting face that kind of grows on you... I guess...)

Anyway, moving on...

* * *

A large boulder landed on the spot where the Williams family used to live, so they have had to move.

Somebody decided that right now was the perfect timing to build a little 'zen garden' where the house used to be. I would think we could make better use of the time and the materials, but I'm getting used to the way things are done here.


The Williams family are still working on their new house, but they, too have a kids' bedroom to share. It's very pink.


I guess it's a 'girly girl's' room - not something I would have appreciated when I was a kid. But as long as Malika is happy, right?

* * *

Not a 'home', but Pete Harawira opened a new pet shop. It's right next to the consignment store.


* * *

And I met one of our new mail carriers. His name is Fonua Pukenui.



No comments:

Post a Comment