2010-03-12

Royal Associates...

There are some Sims on the island who are closely associated with the royal family, in various ways. Let's look at some of them.

First of all, there's the Potpourri family. Henry II has many lovers, but the one he is most fond of has to be Muriel Potpourri.
Muriel is a photographer. Several years ago she visited the island to do a photo shoot and fell in love with the scenery. She decided to stay, and opened a small photo studio.

Dylan is her teenage son. His father is not involved in his life - it's just the two of them.


At the moment all of Muriel's former flirts seem to be married, or about the be married - so she's on the prowl... (Let's hope for Dylan's sake she doesn't start seducing his friends, that would be too embarasing...)

I built Muriel and Daniel a new house, but I didn't fully furnish it yet. They live in Tapuwhai town.

* * *

The second person associated with the royals is Robert-Michel Gao. He's a single Sim in the criminal career. Not much is known about him, except that he's bisexual, extremely shrewd and not very trustworthy (as Mae found out...)

He's also suspected of being 'friendly' with Queen Elesabeti. He's actually suspected of earning money by being 'friendly' with Queen Elesabeti and several other ladies on the island.


Robert-Michel lives in Old Farm Village. He lives alone, in a small house.

Robert-Michel is available in the new save game I'm using, but I removed that version of him and took my version out of an old (no longer available) population save by Kiwi_tea.
In the new save his and Mae's son Marvin had never been born, which I thought was a real shame. So I had Robert-Michel carry Marvin (and several ghosts from the graveyard) over from my older game to the new save.
I aged Marvin up to toddler and put him back with Mae and her husband. 

* * *

Then we come to the Stevensons. Zepher Stevenson is the young man who recently married Princess Elesabeti.
He came to the island when his father's husband, Robert Stevenson, took them there, was looking for his 'roots'. Robert found out that his biological father was Hemi Palefau, who lived on Niua Simoa.

Unfortunately, Hemi died before Robert could meet him. However, Robert did find out he had a half-brother and half-sister on the island.
He also fell very much in love with the island itself, and cajoled his husband Louis into buying a small house there. They moved to the island, dragging a protesting Zepher along with them...

Robert is a policeman, but fortunately for King Henry I he recently gave up his career as super-spy for the career track of DNA-profiler.
As King Henry has his minions to carry out his dirty work, it's unlikely that his DNA will ever be found at a crime scene...


Louis is a painter, and a novelist. He wants to master both professions, and it doesn't really matter to him where he works. The disapproval of his lifestyle by the local population merely gives him an air of 'tragedy' that he can use to better his art. Or so he thinks...




I'm not sure Louis' art is appreciated by the locals. If there is any air of 'tragedy' about him, it's probably his lack of skills at his age - he ought to know better by now.


There is a version of Robert and Louis on the official Exchange where they have two children, Zappa and Cassidy. I downloaded this version for comparison. 
Zappa looks just like Zepher with another name when I aged him up, so I figure they're one and the same. (Or close enough...) Cassidy, on the other hand, has an interesting face. So I decided to keep her. To compensate for her 'interesting' looks, I gave her the friendly trait when I aged her up. I made her a teenager, since Zepher is a young adult now.

Robert and Louis live with their daughter Cassidy. She seems to be Robert's biological child - she certainly looks like him, while Zepher is the spitting image of Louis.



There's no mother listed for either of the couple's children, so we can assume they used a surrogate both times.

I built a new house for Robert, Louis and Cassidy.



The Stevensons live in Tapuwhai town, behind the hospital. Zepher and his wife live in the royal palace for the time being.




No comments:

Post a Comment