Well, the truth is, we had yet another Sim-quake here. Once again our small community had to start from scratch. It must get very, very old for our readers, but it is what it is...
Sim-Nation has helped out tremendously this time around. Waka Island was totally restored. Of course these weren't the most modern houses - but they're all from the same period, and they are still very pretty.
The juice bar was overhauled, and is now a 'cafeteria'. It sells mainly synthetic instant drinks and food. I miss the days when it just served pineapple juice with a parasol!
* * *
My (adoptive) mother, Prudi Tench, bought the red house. It's called R151 I think - and it was made by WitchZenka Architects.
(Most of the 'mid century modern' houses on Waka Island were made by Zenka. I don't remember when or where I downloaded them, but I've been waiting for a place to use them.)
From our garden you can see the home of Elesabeti and Zepher Stevenson and their children. I think that one is R145. Or some similar number. (It's the house with the light brown siding and the brown roof.)
I visited them yesterday, and they have two adorable toddlers, Nathaniel and Maribelle.
The housewife formerly known as "princess" Elesabeti seems to be enjoying her new life as an ordinary musician.
* * *
Filepi and Mae Tapuwhai and their boys live in a house by EA Architects.
The furniture is nowhere near as nice as in the house we live in, if you ask me - but the house is very large and they seem to like it well enough. And it's right next to Filepi's Dance Club, too.
This is what the dance club looks like on the inside. It isn't officially open yet, but for the sake of publicity, Filepi did give a tour to a group of journalists.
Mae and Filepi seem to be thriving - both professionally and in their personal lives.
However, I'm not so sure Marvin appreciates being read to sleep with a logic book!
I'm sure he does appreciate having his own room, though.
* * *
Last I heard, Marvin Chin-Gao's father, Robert-Michel Gao, also moved back. He brought some of his old furniture, but not much. Apparently he had a whole truckload of Zen furniture delivered from Shang Simla recently.
* * *
The whole Sim-quake thing did bring a lot of changes, though. For one thing, there's a strange new disease that apparently affects locals during the full moon. The first victim we heard of was Jezika Tagaloa.
Her father wasn't very supportive. Instead of helping her somehow, he just mocked her.
In the end she infected both her father *and* her sister Taniela. However, the virus (or whatever t is) seems to be short-lived. The next day everyone was back to normal.
In the meantime Viktoria had a birthday and she's ready for school.
The family have redecorated their house. There's more furniture than ever in their mailorder catalogs!
But to get back to that zombie bug, Dr. Tumeke says there may be a cure, but so far he has only heard rumours of a new type of herbal medicine. He also said he's not a great believer in alchemy, but this might be where research is heading!
There are some other changes as well. For one thing, a lot of Sims seem to suddenly be interested in swimming in the ocean, but also in surfing and snorkling. There are no real opportunities for scuba diving (the water around the island is too shallow), but a lot of Sims bought boats.
It's rumoured that Ariifano Karakia had her first unwelcome visitors on her (now no longer isolated) small island. (And I ought to know, since it was me in my new boat!)
Poor Ariifano will have to come up with a new scheme if she wants to remain isolated.
* * *
Something else that is new is that all of a sudden people are started to be interested in going to University in Sim Nation. There's a weird girl in a mascot outfit going around recruiting potential students.
And then there's the climate change. It's suddenly a lot warmer. And we could now occasionally have light rain. Experts are telling us there will be a 'rain season' coming soon. I haven't seen rain yet, but I'm actually looking forward to it.
There rumours of snow and falling leaves - but that won't be happening. Apparently the island is under the influence of what scientists call "Tempest" - so we have a very different climate from the Northern cities.
Next week will be Week 02. And hopefully (but not likely) this is going to be the last major change for our beleaguered community.

























No comments:
Post a Comment