I'm working on the N99 Reunion challenge, and decided to get my NS save out of mothballs. Sometimes it seems that all I do on NS is dust it off, have the game break down halfway my story, reinstall, restart...
My dream was to actually take it into CAW and fix the lighthouse, and maybe add some trees and such... But the thought of porting everyone over again is too daunting.
But back to my challenge entry: My reunion is Totara Palefau's birthday - a middle one, not one involving cake and aging up. Just a chance for her to collect all her relatives together. So an intro first.
* * *
The elder Ngateas were scientists, and around that time MorcuCorp had a large, modern science facility on the island. When the ill-fated earthquake put an end to that dream, and MorcuCorp withdrew their interest, the Ngateas were transferred to a new research facility in Al Simhara.
Totara, their eldest daughter, was by that time married to Tane Palefau, so she stayed behind. Takai joined her later, and married Gretchen.
Just before Totara's birthday, Takai had an unexpected birthday, too.
This is what Totara looked like in middle age.
Tokoni married a French girl called Solange, and lives in France. Tokoni's children are Colette (who is one of the Young Roomies) and Philipe.
Losa, who calls herself Louise these days, is the black sheep of the family. She's been married at least five times, and at least three of her husbands died of mysterious stomach complaints.
She only has one child, Marley, who calls himself Williams after his favourite stepfather. Marley is married to Aimee and their daughter is Malika.
Louise just lost her fifth husband, but she doesn't seem to upset about it.
Louise came up to the island for the party, and for some strange reason she arrived on a freighter with her own home - a type of gypsy caravan. She says it's because she likes to have her own things around her. Totara fears it might be because she wants to take up permanent residence. (Tane grumbled for a few hours when he heard - he blames Totara for inviting 'that woman' and he fears that he'll be stuck with more weird relatives on 'his' island - as if having Robert for a half-brother and Feleti for a son isn't enough to trouble his rigid morals...)
Actually the Williams family is from the bin - I put them in town as part of a challenge, and I added them just because I wanted to keep them and see how they developed... So I created Louise to tie them into the Niua Simoa story.
Totara's youngest sister Fetina is the only one who is not officially 'elder' yet. She married a South-American adventurer called Ricardo Velasquez and they have five children.
This is Fetina, catching up on the latest scientific discoveries with her nephew Hakopi:
Desiree is the eldest. She lives on Niua Simoa, and is finishing highschool there. The rest of the family lives in Egypt at the moment - Ricardo is an Egyptologist and a relic hunter.
The other children are Eduardo, who is a teenager as well:
* * *
Totara's birthday will not have a cake, by the way. She's an elder, and I think blowing out candles might kill her!
I created the Velasques and Ngatea family abroad mostly to make sure Colette and Desiree were properly related to Totara and for them to have family to visit and invite over.












1 comment:
If I were Louise, I wouldn't go anywhere without my lovely caravan neither!
I don't remember (or recognize) Ricardo, but he's seriously cute.
And what a cute family again! (a family reunion with your families might kill any computer, be careful! *giggle*)
Post a Comment