2020-12-28

Willow's Weekly - Week 28 - Babies!

I've been going around town taking pictures. But I have to warn everyone, I have babies on the brain lately. (That may have to do with the fact that I'm about to start floating, I'm so big!)

Anyway, first of all, Moana Chin is now a toddler, and she is adorable.



She has to share her bedroom with her little brother Hani. Fortunately there's plenty of room for two cribs.

Having two children doesn't seem to have killed the romance in the Chin marriage, so that's hopeful for me, too. LOL!!



Tim is still working as a report processor, but now he has the added burden of running his resort, which is taking a lot of time.

Hina is a yes-woman, and she does have political ambitions, so she's not really willing to give up her job just yet. She does make more money than Tim already, and they need that income to pay their bills.

* * *

I owe everyone a picture of Manase Karakia, who aged up recently. The Karakia family need to do something about their furniture now, as Manase had nowhere else to sleep but his parents' bed!!



So Sisana has been shopping for furniture.



She's not quite sure what kind of wallpaper she wants. The boats are a bit strange in combination with the jungle theme, maybe?

* * *

In week 28, Elvira Ashcroft had her baby. It's a boy, and his name is Mohi Matatoki (he has the last name of  his father, Moana Matatoki).
Moana isn't sure what he wants to do - Elvira isn't interested in being a stay-at-home mother, or marrying again, or even living with Moana. And frankly, Mariah is fed up of having to take care of Moana's children as well as her own. It's time he stepped up to the plate and accepted that he's going to be a single dad.
There's now a rumour going around that Elvira visited Sim City to have a sterlization operation. And in fact, she appears to have gone there with Salote Tau. It would be great if both of them stopped having children, actually - neither one of them are cut out to be parents. (I love the mayhem of unexpected babies as much as the next person - but some of my Sims are just cluttering up the population a bit too enthousiastically!)

Speaking of Salote Tau, Prince Henry still refuses to acknowledge that her twins are his children, and he doesn't pay child support. At least not officially. I'm pretty sure Salote gets more money from Henry I and Henry II than her regular rates for 'services'. I've seen a glimpse of her shoe collection!

* * * 

In the meantime I've started pre-natal classes. Another one of those newfangled ideas that came over from Sim City. It's a great way to meet other expecting mothers. 
Berthe Sevele and Aimee Williams are both expecting - for Berthe it's her second, for Aimee it's her third. I have to say, they're both really supportive. I am more nervous than I thougt I'd be about the idea of motherhood!

Cynthia Bowie and Esther Ota Ika are also pregnant. They both expect to be single mothers. Esther already has two daughters, by an unknown father. This third baby is Noa Bowie's child. So her baby and Cynthia's baby are going to be first cousins.
Honestly, the family relationships on this island drive me nuts sometimes!!!

* * *

By the way - and quite beside the point - for those Sims interested in trying out some herbs, here is what Bobbie compiled on the most common herbs grown on Niua Simoa:

Basil 
- Increases performance by 5% and opportunity reward by 10%
Bumbleleaf
- Sim will not get caught tagging or cheating on exams
- extends the "on fire" moodlet to 4 hours (i.e. gives more time to extinguish the fire)
Buzzberry
- Increases Athletic skill gain by 15%
Chamomile
- Increases social group influence gain by 15%
Cinnamon
- Increases effects of romantic interactions
Greenleaf
- Increases weight loss rate by 20%
Ginseng
- Decreases energy decay
Lavender
- Increases energy gain by 10%
Licorice
- Decreases hunger decay by 30%
Sweet Grass
- removes 'nauseous', 'viceroidal nausea' and 'virtually nauseaous' moodlets
- removes 'seasick' moodlet
- removes 'buzz crashed' moodlet
Wonderpetal
- increases academic performance gain by 10%


No comments:

Post a Comment