2012-07-11

Business

Well, this week Pete Harawira succeeded in finding an empty plot in the town for his petshop. He thinks it will do much better if it isn't stuck in the 'rich district' where most Simoans never even visit.
So he bought a plot with an old prefab, similar to the Consignment Store, actually, and redecorated it.
He found a new supplier of shampoo, pet beds, bowls... So he bought stacks of them and got rid of the huge beds that the strays kept using.


In the meantime the office building is being furnished, too. The bank is starting to look very official.


The office over the bank is MorcuCorp. Pasimfic authorities feel that the company is a cover for a huge criminal organisation, but they can't prove anything. And the office certainly looks very professional and serious.

The entire building looks entirely too upscale for Niua Simoa... Maybe MorcuCorp is trying a bit *too* hard to look like a legitimate business?

In the meantime the supermarket has been restored - there's nothing left of the orginal yellow out-of-place looking building. Instead, several workmen have managed to put together a lot of shelving out of salvaged planks...


Now of course, the problem is that the shelves need to be filled, too!!

Next to the supermarket is the new bookstore.




More people are interested in setting up small shops in the building, but it will be a while before the rest of the building can be finished. There's just too much to do around town.

* * *

Fepiku Kumala kindly donated easels to the school so that they now have a room for art classes.


The artroom is at the back. It's not an ideal room, but then, most of the classes are rather amateurish anyway...

The classroom has some new furniture, too.


* * *

Hohepa Solomon works from home - he doesn't need an office. Or so he says. Somehow, his home "office" isn't convincing, though.




2 comments:

ATS Sandy said...

What an adorable mall!! The supermarket looks great! (shouldn't I do a version of my shelves without the "holes"? I hadn't thought about it, but maybe they annoy you...)

And that church!!!!!! I love it with its green walls! It has such a beautiful shape! I love how there's several stairs around. And all these flowers around! I'm in awe!!!! <3

Karin said...

Gosh - I'm late to comment. A version without the holes would be wonderful, but I know you have enough 'grocery related' mess on your plate already, so only if it's not too much of a hassle...

Post a Comment