(Or, to put it in real life terms: the basic world has been updated, and I decided to go for the updated version!)
* * *
This is the week that the royal family is going to return to Niua Simoa. First thing they discovered, of course, is a lot of squatters. Many of them were sent packing, but a few of them stayed.
In fact, this world is pre-populated - so mainly I needed to flush out copies of Sims that I've already been playing for a year or so. Anyone who is already in my old save needs to leave the new version. I've come to the conclusion that I do NOT like pre-populated worlds!!
King Henry I gives an inspiring speech - all about the governments "Ambitions" and the great new opportunities this will provide for everyone.
* * *
Some families have come over from nearby islands to help with the rebuilding. A number of prefab houses and business buildings has been slapped down in the town centre and a lot of cleaning up has been done.
In week one, four families, three single men and two young women applied for citizenship. King Henry I interviewed all of them as soon as he was back in the palace.
* * *
There were two families calling themselves "Red" and "Blue" - who had no other business in life than to play sports and hate one another. They've both been requested to pack their bags and go. There's no way they will ever fit in.
So off they go - on two separate ships - no captain wants the two of them on board at the same time!
* * *
The Fuanaki family is a large, very poor family who lost everything when their home island was flooded. Henry I considers them wastrels, but Princess Sima (of course) wants them to be allowed to stay.
In fact, she also wanted the Red and Blue families to stay, for the sake of their children... but Henry I felt he had to draw the line somewhere...
Here is Lose Fuanaki with her son Bernard. Bernard is currently unemployed. However, he's a big, burly guy who helped a lot with all the reconstruction work, so that's a point in his favour.
Lose and Taranaki are both elders. Taranaki works at the hospital.
Their daughter Bernice works in one of the shops. She's very pretty, and that, too, is a point in the family's favour. LOL!!
The family have three more daughters. Bobbie and Whero are both in higschool, and Lesi is in elementary school.
Bernice moved in with her friend Colette Ngatea. Colette is the daughter of Totara and Takai's brother who do not live on the island. She came over to help, and was of course allowed to stay.
Here are Colette (left) and Bernice watching television:
They share one of the new prefab buildings with Pete Harawira. Pete's real name is Pita, and he's Ana's son (and young Pita's uncle). He started using the name Pete when he lived in Sim City. When he heard of the disaster, he came to check on his mother.
Here is Bernice with Pete:
Fourth of these 'young roomies' is a young girl called Desiree Velasquez. Desiree used to be a babysitter, but I decided to 'rescue' her from the older world, since she was one of the NPCs who always showed up everywhere... (She was at the royal wedding as well!)
Desiree is now an ordinary highschool student.
The young roomies will have to find jobs later, for the time being they're mostly busy with the reconstruction work.
* * *
The Roger family tried to convince Henry I that they were turning over a new leaf. But Henry I was shrewd enough to notice that they were not quite honest. And since he likes devious people, the Roger family was allowed to stay.
They now live in one of the new pre-fab buildings.
Silver and Mary are thinking of opening a restaurant. They have three children, the twins Jack and Jolene (Jolly) and a toddler boy named Flint.
* * *
That left Hohepa Solomon and Noa Bowie, two construction workers who helped reconstruct the hospital.
This is Hohepa, who wants to be a private investigater, and who also wants to raise at least five children... He's childish, workaholic, family-oriented, a slob and also insane. The king actually threw him out, but he just swam back and moved into one of the old shacks near the shore.
And this is Noa, an avid angler who thinks the island is just perfect. There was really no reason to let him stay, except the fact that Noa had enough money to grease a few palms here and there.
So now he's staying - broke, and happy.
While sorting out the installed families I came across a baby called Tama Palefau, apparently Claudine and Moorea's son in this incarnation of the game.
Since Rangi is a toddler, it was no problem to add Tama to the family... Although I hadn't counted on yet another Sim... (but evicting and essentially killing off a Sim-baby seems unnecessarily cruel... :) )











No comments:
Post a Comment